Monday, March 10, 2014

Scenes from a Library

Bibliothecary will now present a few library vignettes from a compatriot of mine who works in an academic library.   This may become an occasional blog feature.

Scenes From A Library 

* "Do you have any ipads I can check out?  'Cause my computer just got drenched in f*ckin' Cherry Coke." 

* Patron:  Do y'all have any color scanners?
   Library employee: Yes, what do you need to scan?
   Patron:  Well, I got arrested in New York last weekend and ... 
   Library employee:  3rd floor.

* If you have a question for people working on a service desk, it's a good idea to take the straw out of your mouth when asking said question. 

* A guy who looks to be 50-ish,  approaches the desk:
Him: "Hey, I've got this song in my head, let me sing it:   OOOOOO-Double Vision!  Who sings that     song?"
Library employee:  "Foreigner."


2 comments:

  1. That last guy needs to be introduced to The Google.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Google is useful. It also seems to confuse the bejeesus out of many people at my library. Which is worrying.

    ReplyDelete