Saturday, November 16, 2013

Bibliothecary - Introductions


bibliothecary (n.) Look up bibliothecary at Dictionary.com
"librarian," 1610s, from Latin bibliothecarius, from bibliotheca (see bibliothek). An earlier form in English was bibliothecar(1580s).  (from the Online Etymology Dictionary)

Hello there and welcome to my new blog.

I am a  library professional working in a library in the Richmond (Virginia) area.  

I have a background in history, music, libraries and museums and am a voracious reader.

This blog will be a chronicle of my adventures working in a local public library and will also (hopefully) include the occasional book/movie review as well as interesting items found at the library, program ideas and anything else that might come up relating to my life at the library.

"Bibliothecary" is a wonderful obsolete word that I recently discovered and I am really excited to use it as the title of my blog.

Here is hoping folks will enjoy following along with my adventures ...


1 comment: